Enforcement in Ukraine
Enforcement is applicable for cases won in Ukrainian courts with writ of execution issued by Ukrainian court.
Whether court decision is issued by foreign court, enforcement is still applicable, but only after procedure of recognition of foreign decision by Ukrainian court with issue of Ukrainian writ of execution.
Writ of execution should not be over 3 years old; otherwise limitation of actions may apply.
HOW IT WORKS?
Debt collectors start preparation to enforcement as soon as writ of execution is received.
What we do to recover a debt:
• submit writ of execution to state or private bailiffs
• assist bailiffs providing them with information about debtor and assets
• support bailiffs during visits to debtor
• track and report execution process for creditor
• support and consult creditor regarding local laws and procedures
• assist creditor in getting funds collected by bailiffs
HOW LONG IT TAKES?
Average time of execution is 9 months.
WHAT THE FEES ARE?
The fees consist of GCS Ukraine fee and bailiff fee.
Fee of GCS Ukraine makes retainer from $200 to $3000 depending on case complexity.
Bailiff fees makes 10% of collected amounts. Creditor has to advance 2% of claimed amount but no more than $1,300 to bailiff to start enforcement case.
WHY GCS UKRAINE?
• we support bailiffs to increase chance of successful recovery
• we handle all administrative issues regarding execution
• we track and report case progress for creditor
HOW TO SEND CASE?
• Contact our manager with copy of court decision and writ of execution.
• Sign our contract and POA received from the manager.
• Pay advance fee to bailiff as per instructions received from our manager.